Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I want voice activated keyboard shortcuts in Windows 11

I don't mean voice dictation, I mean voice enhanced typing. And I don't want to have to program macros either. I say this with no hope Microsoft is listening but, some basic keyboard improvements are right there for whoever can integrate them into Word. A redesign of the basic keyboard is imminent. The point is to solve these sorts of headache:
  • swapping words
  • putting words in quotes, after the fact
  • fixing a recent typo
Generally these include marking a position, doing something, then returning the cursor to its original mark. Which suggests a little voice activated set of commands: "mark.. (select word1, select word2)...verb". Where the verb could be "swap", "quote", "fix".

No comments:

Post a Comment