Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Equivalence of action and speech

I guess my philosophy is that the way I think and plan to act is equivalent to the way I talk about things. As I explore the possibility of analyzing 'reality' in terms of nested, conceptual-linguistic, contexts, I am starting to see a world around me that I can speak of in more than one way and which tries to organize itself as nested entities within entities. One of the reasons the "Windows" UI was such a success - is that it really is intrinsic to reality, in the sense of the above.

Now, let me come back to the puzzle of 'single part with attribute' equivalence with 'single attribute'. I do believe I can construe the same thing in two different ways and that I am designed to use one or the other when I am planning. Sorry to be vague.

Another short term payoff for thinking in terms of nested contexts is the possibilities of cognitive theorems like this one: changing properties of a part of a context cannot cause a switch in context.

No comments:

Post a Comment