Thursday, September 22, 2022

"Intensity" as a standard attribute of any verb

I have been toying with the idea that verbs are represented by nodes in the thesaurus of words, with their own peculiar attributes. Intensity seems like a reasonable candidate. Just like efficiency [the verb's version of THE GOOD]. 

I just made an error, the kind that gives you insight into cognitive processing (which I am purporting to understand in terms of narrative). I was going across the room to widen the opening of the living room sliding door and forgot what I was doing - to some extent. So I found myself across the room trying to open the slider but forgot how wide I needed to open the door. I forgot the intensity in my plan for "Peter crosses the room and opens the door".

No comments:

Post a Comment