Monday, June 18, 2018

Three weeks into retirement and coding resumes

I have been trying hard to force myself back into real thoughts about real subjects - related to my 'language automation' interests. Finally got close enough that I am about to start writing new Python code - a milestone I have been hoping to achieve, three weeks after quitting work and going into a full-time "vegetative" state.
Update: A week later I have a working context object containing lots of trees with VARs. Now I have to start passing text through it to explore and implement switching between sub contexts.
Update 2: [bearing in mind that I am trying to justify having retired and trying to reassure myself that it won't be that bad] Another week and I have a reasonable starting implementation of ContextFrames and am about to start implementing ContextRecords, which save instances of attached Frames.

Did I mention the insight that a frame attachement is simply the evaluation of certain variables of a frame? So eg the base point of a Frenet Frame is "attached" when it is set to the position on a curve at time t.

No comments:

Post a Comment