Saturday, June 16, 2018

Faint justification for quitting work

I am feeling guilty about quitting and am trying to justify it to myself. I am currently working as hard as I can (not too hard) on understanding conversational context in a broader sense than the previous work on 'short term' conversational context. It is hard going because it is extremely abstract, because I have lost a lot of mental energy, and the motivation is being formed out of boredom and a residual ambitions that have not gone away while becoming slowly more absurd. Weak tea.

But I am making  progress and am somewhat proud of the new ideas coming together and I am pretty sure I could not do this during off hours from a job, on weekends and at the end of a weekday. I am having a hard time focusing but it would be impossible if I was tired and thinking about work. So I think husbanding my energies and spending them only on what is left of my creativity is the right thing to do, because I can afford it. My parent's left me just enough.

So, a couple days later and the definition of ContextFrame from the previous post has remained unchanged. It is a stable idea. Now I am trying hard to look at examples and test assumptions. Like this:
Rules related to ContextFrame
1. Want equivalent (?): a context with N parts, or a context with a mod having N values
(This is stressed below, eg 2 and 4. So the equivalence begins to break down)

2. Want access to part mods but not part parts.

3. Want access to parent mods? parts?
Maybe want no access to parent mods. The parts can be accessed in the 'relations' but lets try assuming that access to a parent mod forces a context switch.

4. The values of a mod should be mutually exclusive (but parts are not)

No comments:

Post a Comment