Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Every story tells a picture

Recall the example of Sphinxmoth: "Liquid, out of my body".

Let's think of the words as glue that holds together some objects and action. When those words were in my head, so also was a picture:


Now I tend to think of the words being in one-one correspondence with parts of this picture but I am not at all sure this is correct. It may be a subtler meaning combinations which selects for individual parts of the picture. For example something in my body and something liquid (in my body) may combine to create a spherical vesicle picture, and that part of the picture is combined with others. The tube has openings to left and right. The sphere has no openings. Etc... 

One part of this idea is the "cloud" of other topics and ideas hovering around each word. The pictures and movements and directions are there anyway. The words trail a path through the cloud that can be enacted...

No comments:

Post a Comment