Thursday, October 6, 2022

I went for a little row.

I went for a little row. I was having problems with my cheap fishing rod. The upper section didn't fit smoothly into the top of the lower section and, twisting it, I broke off one of the eyes. So the rod was not too functional but there was a large flock of gulls in the air and cormorants on the water before I got there and they moved off, but I knew there were fish. So I was trawling with my rod leaning against the side and suddenly the whole rig was snatched overboard - too fast to stop it. The rod sank promptly.

I was thinking about how this solved the problem of what to do with the junk fishing rod. Saw a guy casting from a Penzance boat-house deck and asked him what kind of fish he thought they were. He said Bonito. Note to self: get a rod that floats or start keeping a firm grip on the road -somehow- when there are fish around.

Anyway, I went over to Ram Island and found what looks like an arrowhead made from green bottle glass.



I am particularly suspicious of the serrations on each edge of the point, but not present on the other edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment