Monday, November 18, 2019

Harvie the Seagull

There was a seagull hanging out at the Woods Hole Waterfront Park. He had really nice lines:


I decided to make him my bestie:
I even named him Harvie Wheeler. He seemed to hang out at the park and I actually changed my morning walk to pass this place and see if "Harvie" was around. One time I brought him some bread but he was not interested after the first nibble. But I thought it was probably not a healthy place for a seagull to hang out and get used to. I saw him begging for scraps at the end of the summer, from people eating their lunches at the park, and imagined him failing to develop good seagull hunting habits. I think he had a parent that was still feeding him mid-summer and them got lazy and stayed in the park.  
Later Harvie appears to be gone and  I saw the remains of a half-eaten seagull down the street. I guess he was not prepared for the fox that hunts along there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment