Monday, September 9, 2019

Went for a row around Penzance

Launched at A and rowed counter clockwise around Penzance. I got to B about an hour before low tide, with the current flowing out, south, and against me. The wind too. But at B, I rounded the corner without difficulty and followed the eddies and occasional counter currents through the gut and into the harbor side. "Easy peasy". Got my boat Rosie in at C, left her on the beach and went back to A to retrieve the boat dolly. Etc. Saw fish splash near the southern red nun in the hole; and again in the harbor on the final leg. It was a bit scary and a bit awesome to be in more open water. Waves and current were not a problem but one submerged rock that suddenly made an unexpected splash off my bow, took me by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment