Sunday, October 7, 2018

The stirring of new ideas

Talking with youths - Tyler Boone and David Levy, and a bit the "cool kids" out at Intuition Machines, who are friends of my son David, gets me back to thinking harder about hierarchies. My "merge split append" algorithm (which might be called a "silver" algorithm [versus the final "golden" algorithm]) does its work using an existing hierarchy.

So I have been thinking that the way you use a hierarchy must be pretty similar to the way the hierarchy is created in the first place. Mechanisms involved with creating the hierarchy are becoming interesting. To which end, this figure. I am striving to understand how dPerception/dValue can be an independent variable in a learning formula.
I'll figure it out. Gimme a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment