Tuesday, August 7, 2018

FAQ Chatbot Diary

I can come back and edit this as time goes bye although I should really start a separate blog for it. The idea is to keep track of how a Conversational Context may get created. Having gotten a preliminary read() algorithm working, I am ready to try it on something other than dentistry [which is my "go to" example of word trees]. So, I gave up previous chatbot development when I got to the FAQ chatbot example. At the time it seemed much harder than it should be, causing me to want to either give up or re-think things. So the re-thinking has taken place, let's see how easy it is to create an FAQ chatbot. However, I had the thought last night that there is no reason to think any particular  Conversational Context tree is "easy" to come up with. If it is like a number system used to describe one part of the conversational world, one should not assume it is generic and just like some other part of the conversational world. We don't know. Maybe later. For now, I was thinking it would be fun to force myself to work on FAQs, and to watch if there is any development.

My starting point has been a document called "Guidelines to HR's FAQ" I got from my employer. I have been looking at the topics listed there and playing with the idea that some topics involve one or another type of question, and toying with the idea that there is a 'client' and an 'agency'. So I wrote down some of the topics, organized a bit under "personal" versus "informational". And today I am starting to wonder why not simply get started building a tree with:

ROOT
    client
    agency
    questions
    topics

But you can see that is not right. Questions are attributes of context. And the client is not really a conversational frame. So...first steps are hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment