Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Microsoft are you listening?

[Surely not]. I totally buy into the idea that we can structure information in terms of rectangles - nested, overlapped, chained, whatever...and that it is the same as the hierarchical structures that come so naturally. But you implemented it wrong, and a desktop covered with open folders  (after a few minutes work) is a mess.
Get rid of double clicks, use left click to activate. Right click for selection and everything else. Double click now can be mean: activate and keep (f-in) window open behind me...a rarely used option.
And while I am criticizing, why don't you build something for old people? And why don't you build something where I feel like I am in control of everything from unasked for updates to pop-ups and scams? Not to mention our government watchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment