Thursday, October 17, 2024

Just a thought

I woke up from a dream about a complex linguistic operation that, for some -possibly anatomical- reason, turned out to be extremely simple. It reminds me that there may be a number of things that are actually topological in how we think: so that a homotopy is almost instantaneous.

What comes to mind as an example - now that I am awake - is the nature of dependence. For example: 

I depend on my grandmother sending me money to pay the rent

According to my theory, a dependency is a shortcut where the connection between getting money and paying the rent is so intuitive that it does not need to be said. How about:

I need warm clothing to enjoy a trip to Greenland

So let me wonder: is the shortcut is a homotopy? 

Similarly when someone describes what happened and someone else says: "Yes that is true".

No comments:

Post a Comment